• The team should consist of maximum 3 participants.
• The participant must be enrolled as an undergraduate in any recognized Institute/University.
• The participant should not be affiliated with organizing or management of this event.
• The competition comprises of 2 rounds:
• Preliminary round.
• Final round
• Arena will be slightly different from the previous round. After each round, only the top teams with maximum points will qualify to the next round.
Point scoring is shown below:
• Crossing of 1st mark: 20 Points
• Crossing of 2nd mark: 20 Points
• Completing the maze: 30 Points
• Complete in half of total time given: 30 Points
• Total points:100
Rules and Regulation
• An Arena will be declared one week before event.
• The width of the maze path will be about 15 inches.
• Each contesting Robot is not allocated any time to access the maze prior to their first run. Contestants have 15 minutes total to complete as many runs as they wish. Any time used to adjust a robot between runs is included in the 15 minutes. Each run (from the start cell to the center zone) in which a robot successfully reaches the destination square is given a run time. The minimum run time shall be the robot's official time. First prize goes to the robot with the shortest official time. Second prize to the next shortest, and so on.
• Two timers are used for each contestant. One for the fifteen-minute total time, and a separate timer for each run within the total time.
• The judges reserve the right to ask the operator for an explanation of the Robot. The judges also reserve the right to stop a run, declare disqualification, or give instructions as appropriate (e.g., if the structure of the maze is jeopardized by continuing operation of the robot).
• Robot Control : Autonomous.
• A Robot shall be self-contained (no remote controls).
• A Robot shall not jump over, fly over, climb, scratch, cut, burn, mark, damage, or destroy the walls of the maze.
• A Robot shall not be larger either in length or in width, than 12 inch. The dimensions of a Robot that changes its geometry during a run shall not be greater than 12 inch x 12 inch.
• Any violation of these rules will constitute immediate disqualification from the contest and ineligibility for the associated prizes.